|Packaging Type||PP Bag|
|Packaging Size||1 kg|
|Brand||Pots and Plants|
Perlite is a form of amorphous volcanic glass, although it’s often confused by new gardeners as being some lightweight material like styrofoam. It’s occasionally called expanded pyrite and has the nickname “volcanic popcorn” The cavities in perlite help store nutrients and some moisture that the plant might need, but drain excess water away. It is non-toxic, clean, disease-free, and extremely lightweight and easy to work with. There’s many other uses, but to gardeners, it’s an essential ingredient in their garden.
The most important one is drainage. Perlite is a natural filtration system, allowing excess water to easily drain away while retaining a little moisture.
Advantages of Horticultural Perite
· Improves aeration and drainage
· Makes moisture and nutrients readily available to plants
· Is inorganic and does not deteriorate.
· Has an essentially neutral pH of 6.5 to 7.5.
· Serves as an insulator to reduce extreme soil temperature fluctuations.
· Is sterile and free of weeds and disease.
· Is clean, odorless, lightweight, and safe to handle.